Top Trends In The Crypto Gaming Market In 2020.
The market for crypto games and blockchain based gaming applications is heating up. This fairly new field of online gaming has received a boost after the success of CryptoKitties which gained the limelight in 2017. This has been followed by a steady stream of digital collectables based on blockchain technology. This has opened up new avenues for integrating and incorporating gaming through blockchain technology. This would lead to eventual mass adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrencies possible and generate public awareness.
Blockchain based digital assets like cryptocurrencies have enabled players to collect and trade in virtual assets which they can exchange and trade across borders and anywhere in the world. Crypto based games encourage the general public and create awareness about blockchain based applications and cryptocurrencies in general.
After the low bitcoin value in 2017, many people had been turned away from bitcoins, however after the bitcoin rebound to $20000, it made heads turn and suddenly the market for crypto currencies was heating up. This had prompted many to come up with new applications such as Cryptokitty. This game used Ethereum to trade in virtual kittens. The game was a hit and was the first instance of cryptocurrencies being used for leasure activities such as online games.
Such was the popularity of the game that it increased etherium-based transctions by six-fold. This had led to etherium based transactions to increase by 15% more of the net crypto based traffic before the success of CryptoKitties. This proved beyond doubt that games such as CryptoKitties was an effective means of promoting cryptocurrencies and soon more games followed suit.
Rising Popularity Of Crypto Gaming:
Coming to the present, in 2020, as more and more youngsters have taken a liking to online gaming and the increasing popularity of mobile devices as gaming platforms, the mobile gaming sector has been at the forefront of crypto gaming and trades in cryptocurrencies. This has prompted the rise of mobile gambling such blockchain based online poker games. Online casinos have adopted payments in cryptocurrencies. Players can play and get paid or trade in such digital assets. The nature of cryptos enables them to be traded across geographical barriers and governmental regulations as assets are held in offshore crypto exchanges. The cryptocurrency and blockchain based gaming industry has to focus on the potentially 4 billion plus mobile user base and there is huge potential in the market.
Use Of Cryptocurrencies As Payment Media In Online Gaming Platforms:
One of the emerging trends in the gaming sector is the increased use of tokens in crypto gaming. In game virtual currencies are now tokenized based on a blockchain network and are ascribed a value. This allows users to purchase in-game assets and they can even trade these digital assets outside the game environment. Gamers can use virtual currencies earned in the due course of the game, which can then be traded as virtual or crypto based assets.
Blockchain Technologies Have Been Incorporated Into Crypto Gambling:
Another trend in the crypto gaming landscape is the rise of online crypto gambling. Online poker games which allow players to use crypto currencies as virtual assets which can be easily traded amongst them are gaining popularity. These online poker sites use blockchain technologies and promote cryptocurrencies such as bitcoins and other altcoins as a payment medium for deposit and withdrawal across many sites. The latest trend in online gambling games is the popularity of blockchain powered cryptocurrency based online poker sites which use blockchain technologies to power these sites to provide an optimum gaming experience. Thus the system incentivizes the players to play more and encourage more people to join.
Building Trust In Cryptocurrencies Through Their Use In Gaming:
Another emerging trend in Crypto gambling is being promoted by MintDice, which plans to bring in trust and investment opportunities among players. MintDice offers risk-free investment opportunities to players and allows them to cheaply invest in shared masternode pools and receive a portion of the profit made by the casino and get their ROI.
The Latest Trend Follows That Gaming And Blockchain Technologies Make A Perfect Combination:
Recently, a gaming startup based in Texas, is preparing to release a card game based on cryptocurrencies. It is a first of its kind cryptocurrency based card game. This crypto themed card game hopes to cajole online poker lovers to become active crypto users. A new trend of rising crypto based poker games are attracting new users to cryptocurrencies and helping to spread awareness about them.
Blockchain technologies have made gaming easier and worthwhile for gamers by allowing them to have a return on investment as well as promoting a reliable rewards based system for players to collect Bitcoins and other altcoins. This makes gaming in cryptocurrencies popular and promotes online games such as crypto Poker and other online card games where players can use cryptocurrencies as a payment medium or as investments. The adoption of cryptocurrencies to the gaming ecosystem has allowed a broader adoption of blockchain technology in the online gaming sphere and this has peaked public interest towards cryptocurrencies in general.
Some Popular Blockchain-Based Games Trending In 2020
- My Crypto Heroes: The japan-based my Crypto heroes has been ranked first in the world in terms of Crypto transaction volume and is built on an ethereum based application.
- Blockchain Cuties: This game makes digital collectibles popular by making them available on multiple blockchains. The game allows for these collectibles to be traded sold or turned into traditional digital currencies.
- Gods Unchained: Gods Unchained is a card game which lets players accumulate unique digital collectibles which are built on ethereum blockchain and players can take full ownership of these cards and exchange them or sell them in a Crypto marketplace. This Crypto game is built on a blockchain and is regarded as one of the most popular Crypto games of 2020.
- Forgotten artefacts: It is a Crypto game with a mix of functional and non-functional tokens and players have a limited supply of them, thereby making them more alluring, unique and valuable to players.
- Spells of Genesis: It is a card based Crypto game built for mobile platforms which has collectibles and cards built with blockchain technologies. It is one of the first roleplaying BTC games which allows the player to directly store their collectables on the Bitcoin blockchain.
- Bitcoin flip: It is a Bitcoin exchange simulator which allows players to understand the basics of trading in cryptocurrencies. The Bitcoin simulator features charge tools and real time pricing for BTC. It is an important game for developing cryptocurrency trading strategies.
- Splinter lands: It is the crypto game set in a fantasy world where players use in game collectibles to defeat game enemies. The game implements blockchain technology to make each card unique and having a different aspect. The algorithm for the game is tamper proof.
- Altcoin fantasy: It is also a crypto trading simulator which allows users to trade in virtual US dollars and 140 other cryptocurrencies and allows players to develop their own trading strategy and maintain their Crypto portfolio. The game has a contest where players can win prizes which have been assigned a monetary value. It awards gamers with real Bitcoins and other altcoins.
- 0xUniverse: The Crypto game is built on ethereum and players can use different strategies while playing the game which would enable them to acquire different resources and meet new people. All in-game elements are recorded in a blockchain.
- Neon District: It is one of the most popular games for cyberpunk lovers. Players can acquire different skills and solve complex puzzles. All game elements are programmed on the blockchain to maintain secure ownership.